WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
ANA member and nonmember companies, their agencies, or their media companies may enter.
WHAT INFORMATION IS REQUIRED TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY?
WHAT ARE THE COSTS TO SUBMIT?
- An entry fee is required for each submission for each individual campaign.
- $625 for entries submitted
- $25 for each Significant Results Entry submitted
- You may pay by credit card or check. Please make sure to include your check number in the space provided on the submission form. If paying by check, please make payable to Association of National Advertisers, Inc. with your entry ID# clearly marked on the check and mail to:
ANA Multicultural Excellence Awards
Attn: Claudine Waite
c/o Association of National Advertisers, Inc.
708 Third Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017
Please note: once an entry has been submitted and payment processed, refunds will only be issued due to extenuating circumstances. Disqualified submissions will be refunded. Your entry ID # can be found in the email sent to you on your entry submission. For your records, ANA's Federal ID # is 13-0453230.
SHOULD I UPLOAD MY CREATIVE WITH MY ENTRY?
- Yes. Your entry will be considered incomplete if creative is not attached.
SHOULD I UPLOAD MY MEDIA PLAN WITH MY ENTRY?
- Yes. Your entry will be considered incomplete if the media plan is not attached.
WHAT SHOULD THE MEDIA PLAN INCLUDE?
- A media plan spreadsheet must outline the campaign's media elements, indicating specifically where/when the submitted creative ran. No cost information should be included in the media plan. A blank media plan, including the sample below, can be downloaded here.
HOW MANY PIECES OF CREATIVE SHOULD I SUBMIT PER ENTRY?
For all categories, with the exception of the People with Disabilities category, two pieces of creative from the same campaign must be included in the entry to qualify. The entry may include any combination of creative materials from the following media: TV, audio (radio, internet radio, podcasts), magazines, direct mail, print, out-of-home, and digital media advertising. For example, an entry may consist of two TV commercials, an audio spot and a direct mail piece, or a print piece and digital media. For those entering the Audio or Print categories, the entry must consist of two audio (radio, internet radio, podcasts) spots or print ads. For the Digital/Social/Mobile category, the entry may include combinations of apps, online display ads, mobile content, social media tools, websites/microsites, and online video.
HOW MANY PIECES OF CREATIVE SHOULD I SUBMIT FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES CATEGORY?
This category requires one piece of creative targeted to the segment. Only one piece of creative will be judged for each submission.
ARE SIZZLE/HIGHLIGHT REELS ACCEPTED?
Sizzle/highlight reels are accepted only in the Experiential Marketing and Digital/Social/Mobile categories. Each execution cannot exceed 90 seconds. If execution exceeds 90 seconds, it may be disqualified.
WHY DO I NEED TO INCLUDE THE NAME OF AGENCY AND CLIENT?
This will ensure all teams are recognized during the awards event if selected as a winner. Plaques and statues are awarded to the brand, not the agency. Should the agency of a winning campaign want a plaque or statue, they will have to purchase it through the awards vendor.
WILL I RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION ONCE I HAVE SUBMITTED MY ENTRY?
Yes! You will be receiving an email confirmation for your paid submission.
WILL I RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION WHEN MY ENTRY IS APPROVED?
All entries are subjected to approval based on the criteria provided for each category. Failure to comply or provide the correct information could result in disqualification. If your submission is not approved, you will also receive an additional email informing you why and what the next course of action should be to complete the process successfully. The ANA reserves the right to withhold submission in any category should entries not meet the criteria.
CAN I EDIT AN ENTRY ONCE IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED?
- Yes, you are allowed to edit an entry if needed until the transaction has been completed. Edits after payment has been processed will require approval from the administrator. Please contact email@example.com.
MAY WE ENTER ONE CAMPAIGN INTO MULTIPLE CATEGORIES?
Yes. You may enter the same campaign in multiple categories. Each submission will require a new entry and you will be charged per entry.
WHO ARE THE JUDGES?
Judges will include members of the ANA Multicultural Marketing & Diversity Committee and a select number of distinguished guests with expertise in multicultural marketing.
HOW WILL THE JUDGING WORK?
- There will be three rounds of judging.
- The first round will include all submissions and will be judged based on creative excellence and relevancy to the multicultural category for which they are submitted. The ANA Multicultural Marketing & Diversity Committee and invited judges, will judge this round.
- The second round will include the top 5 submissions in each category based on the final results of round one. These submissions will be judged on the same criteria of relevancy and creativity. From this round, the top three winners in each category will be determined, including the Grand Prize winner and the category winners (second and third place prizes). This round will be judged by a select panel of judges.
- The final round of judging will determine the Best in Show. A select panel of judges will review the Grand Prize winners in each category to determine the Best in Show.
WHO MAY I CONTACT SHOULD I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE AWARDS PROGRAM?
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
WHAT IS THE PRIZE?
The ability to showcase your outstanding work and receive recognition from your peers. In addition, the top three entries for each category will receive a prize. The Grand Prize winner will receive a custom-made statue, and the second and third place finalists will both receive customized plaques.
HOW DOES THE AWARDS PROGRAM HELP THE MULTICULTURAL COMMUNITY?
A portion of the proceeds collected from the awards submission fees will help fund scholarships for high-potential multicultural students who plan to pursue careers in advertising and/or marketing. Past recipients include the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Special Olympics, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Howard University, High School for Innovation and Advertising in Media, DiversityInc Foundation, and also into multicultural programs hosted by The Advertising Educational Foundation and the American Association of Advertising Agencies. Donations from the awards exceeded over a quarter of a million dollars over the last decade.